Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Jack in the Box Summer Shootout

Starting off the race!
Alright, so this post is way, way overdue. I've just been extremely busy these past few months and haven't had time to do much blogging. But as they say "Better late than never." Right?... right?....


Now This kid's showing support!

Wave that flag Ref guy! Or.. whatever they're called..
Alright, on to the topic at hand here. The Jack in the Box Summer Shootout.

Fences make for annoying shooting situations
I actually just decided to go here on a whim one day. I didn't know any of the kids racing, and didn't have anything invested in this event. I just knew I had the day off and wanted to do something.

Comin' around that corner!
The event took place at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, and was very fun to watch. What can be more interesting than a bunch of kids driving over-powered miniature cars right? Well, there may be a Few things, but it was definitely worth the.. $5?.. $7.. $10? I spent to get in.. Like I said, this post is way overdue, my memories gotten a little hazy with some of the specifics. But it was a great way to spend a Tuesday afternoon. They've always got events going on like this too, so check out the Speedway's website to see if there's anything going on that interests you http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/.

Look at this crowd!
Since my memories of it all are less than.. memorable. I'll let most of these pictures speak for themselves.

As you can see, there's definitely some interesting cars here! The first races were with a very cool looking vehicle that I couldn't even begin to give you the name of. I'm pretty informative right? I just thought they looked cool! And there was a very nice share of wrecks as well. Who doesn't love seeing wrecks at a race?! "When nobody gets hurt of course. I wanted to make sure I added that in there so nobody gets butt hurt." You'll notice in one photo where the crane is picking up one of these vehicles, that I wasn't lying about these cars being small. I definitely wouldn't recommend that an adult try to fit themselves inside of one of these. Getting in might be possible, but I'd imagine getting out would be a little more difficult.

There's definitely a nice little crowd at this place, so it's gotta be a popular event that I'd just discovered. Or maybe these kids just have big families. I did keep hearing about this being somehow related to different schools, but I couldn't elaborate any more on that for you. I will tell you that the buses you see at the end of the series were driven by school Principals, I guess in some sort of school vs school competition. Which got very brutal by the way. Buses crashing into each other, wheels coming off the ground, rubber burning, smoke exhuming, cool stuff!

Well he's done
Yes, I know there's a random plane in one of the photos.. Yes, I know it isn't anyway related to the event going on.. But who can resist photographing a C-130 as it flies overhead?! Okay, maybe I was just reliving some memories of my past military life there when I saw it flying by. But you've gotta admit, very cool looking plane. I'm off topic now aren't I? That happens with me sometimes. For instance, there was this one time at band camp... wait... I've never been to band camp.. but we're talking about racing, back to the topic at hand. Well, to be honest, I think I've remembered most of what I can about this event. I definitely recommend that you check it out next year when they do it again "if they don't have one sooner", or even checking out any of the other events that they have at the Motor Speedway. It's always a cool place to hang out! Even if the food and drinks are Way overpriced...

If you've been to any events here and want to share your experience, of if there's anything cool coming up that you'd like to let us know about, post it in the comments below!

Hey man.. I think you lost your hood..

C-130 rollin' down the strip. 64 soldiers on a one way tripppp.. Mission top secret, destination un... wait, we're not singing cadences? My bad...

Get 'em!

Somebody's cutting corners...

Getting a little tight wouldn't you say?



And as always, if you want to view the rest of the images "there's a few", check out the following link!