Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kron House


First of all, I'd like to thank everybody for the emails I received. I'm glad you were able to get something out of this blog. To be honest, I started this as a way to push me to go out and do more, to take more photos of the exciting things around Cabarrus County that some people might not be aware of and to share what's out there. But on to what this post is about:


The Kron House "you've probably never heard of it, and that's alright".


Kron House
A little history lesson for you all: This house was built long ago by a Scottish preacher named William McGregor. William soon afterwards sold it to the man who the house is named after, Dr. Kron. This man was a very famous doctor back in his day. He was known for traveling days at a time to make house calls to those who were extremely sick. He was recognized as a frontier hero, and now there's a restoration of his house sitting right where it's always been, up at Morrow Mountain.

Living Room
I decided to take a trip up to Morrow Mountain the other day with my family, and I seen the sign for the Kron House restoration as we were riding down to the lake. Now, I've passed this sign quite a few times before while I was up there taking photos and I've always been curious as to what it was, but I'd never actually taken the turn to go down the road and see it for myself. Well I figured it was a good time to do so. I wasn't disappointed either. I love old houses, and this restoration is great. I know it might not look like much in the photos, but I think it's definitely worth a look if you're ever up at Morrow Mountain. This tiny little house is actually two stories, with a bedroom upstairs.
Bedroom

The furniture inside may not be original, but they did a great job at making it look legitimate. From the couch and the rugs, to the pots and the half burned down candles, it was all great. So even if you're not a history buff, or not really into old houses, I think it's still great to see atleast once. I know my family enjoyed it. Sometimes seeing things from another time really puts your own life into perspective. It's amazing how much things have changed over what's really been a short amount of time. I wonder where things will be in another couple hundred years. Maybe people will be digging up artifacts of ours and doing restorations of our own homes. Kinda funny to think about huh?




Well if you'd like to see the rest of the photos from the Kron House trip, just follow the link below!